Saturday, June 20, 2009

I borrowed this very interesting book from church last night. It teaches you many short, yet, very important lessons about life, how to overcome hardships and such. I love it. The only problem is, at the end of every lesson, the author relates everything he just talked about to religion, the Bible and such. Not that it's a bad thing, but my point of view as well as my perception of the world are very scientific. Heck, I don't even believe in fate. When two people meet and "fall in love" or whatever, a lot of people think it's fate that they happen to meet each other, that they were together at the same place at the same time. However I just think that's chance. Let's say they met at a bagel shop ( LOVE bagels <3). The girl went to the bagel shop because she goes there to get breakfast every morning. The guy happened to be there because he drove by and decided that he didn't eat breakfast at home as usual and decided to get a bagel. The way I see it everything is chance. It's also calculations. The girl has a very high chance of meeting people at that particular bagel shop because she's there almost every morning. Whereas the guy has a low chance because he doesn't buy bagels there very often. I don't explain things well so all that might sound like nonsense but I understand.
In other news, I am pursuing other hobbies this summer in addition to the few that I already have. I am going to learn to draw. I do think I have an artistic side but I definitely have to work on it. I want to use pencils to sketch people and objects. I am not really into paints all that much. Another hobby that I am about to pursue is to lose my damn accent. I tried it last summer but I guess that 10 days was just not enough. I got whole new system though.
ALSO in other news, I spent a good amount of money on alcohol and mixers today. I made myself pina colada and mojito - mint. Very good stuff. =)
It's like 10 at night. I am going for a late-night run. I am definitely looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment